Thursday, January 28, 2010

Swap Kara for Amazed

Let me tell you a wonderful story. Once upon a time there was a Boy, who craved to be a man, and a man who craved a salad shake...

Well these two males swapped meat and hot in the homo-erotic sense, but he would love to have 'the sex' with you....


This episode was nothing other than awesome. We as viewers are so used to seeing Dean/Jensen as the comic actor the one with the one liners so it was amazing to see Sam/Jared stretch out his comic acting chops.

The whole idea of this episode was reminiscent of season four, mainly 'Monster'. At the twenty two minuet mark it changed from just a comical episode to something that touched on the mythos. Yes that's right I am calling Swap Meat a NON Filler episode. Anyone who disagrees with me, I will fist fight you.

But like always I am getting a bit ahead of myself. 'I would love to have the sex with you.'

I have seen the guy who played Gary before on 7th Heaven, (yes that's right I watched that show one school holidays). But this kid was pretty cool, you know for a frustrated virgin who loves Busty Asian beauties and you know worships the devil, oh wait no sorry, praying to their Dark overlord.

Lucifer is such a douche.

So is Gary's friend. 'Dark overlord', seriously? You are a tool.

Firstly let me speak of the first half of the episode. It was totally funny, had me in stiches. Sam actually having to be a normal person with parents who wanted him to get a full ride and go to college was hysterical, seeing we spent the first two seasons of Supernatural with him complaining that John should have been proud and so on.

The grass is always greener isn't it Sammy?

However I am a bit surprised in Dean's turn around, thinking about having a wife and kids. Someones getting clucky.

Now every now and again I read other fans points of views on different episodes of Supernatural, and while I talk about the other half of the episode I will touch on a couple of things that people said that, lets just say ticked me off.

One of them being how come it took Dean so long to figure out the fact that Sam was actually Gary... hmm I donno Maybe because it's not the first time they have acted strangely with each other, maybe its because of the fact just because you were seeing Gary in Sam's clothes Dean was seeing Sam. And seriously how many times would they have come across a Freaky Friday remake? And lets all remember he wouldn't expect Demon possession because of those kick ass tattoos.

However I did love the way it clicked with Dean that something wasn't right with Sam. The fact Sam was drinking with him and said how Dean really is a good person. Almost heart braking stuff here.

So Gary's friends Kidnapped Sam as Garry and tied him up and explained how they pray to Lucifer. I know teenagers, what idiots. (I can say that now I am 20.)

Now side note, you stupid person who said 'How could two teenagers get Sam off guard and carry his muscular body in broad day light?' Let me explain. What the directors did here is they showed the viewer Sam in Gary's world and Gary in Sam's world. They did this so that we wouldn't get confused. Clearly they did not expect you to be as dumb as you clearly are... but let me move on.

While Sam is in the basement we find out that this funny episode is going to show us that its not just a filler (cause baby it isn't). The demons have put the word out to every Witch bitch and Satanic lover in America that they need Dean Winchester Dead. So the demons have done something similar to what the Angels did in the end. So now Dean is going to have to be watching out, not only for the Angels who want him to drop the soap, not only for Lucifer and the horsemen, but every Voldemort wannabe.

We also find out that Sam's soul doesn't need to be in his body for Lucifer to jump it. So Sam could swap with Dean and Sam as Dean could say yes to Michael and that would be all cool...

I am not sure how I like that, I think maybe the demon didn't really understand the whole vessel thing. But who knows.

Just something I would like to touch on before I pull this review to a close, the human devil trap between Gary and Dean. AWESOME. And I am pretty sure it's the first time we have ever seen Dean exorcise a demon.

I loved Gary's 'My Bad'. Ahh understatement.

Anyway this episode has to be a Solid 4/5. Can not wait till next weeks episode. I love time travel.

So do you agree with my review?

1 comment:

  1. You have more to say than I do. It's funny.. I like this episode, but not sure why! LOL....

    Agree. This is not a filler episode.! Kara called it!!! Yay!

    tiny

    ReplyDelete