Sunday, January 3, 2010

Seriously?

Dear Channel 10, I would like you to pull your head out of that crevasse called your ass and put Supernatural back on the air.

... Ok me venting isn't going to change anything so lets be constructive here. What can 10 seriously do to get ratings, and to keep Supernatural on the air.


So instead of attacking the Channel 10 twitter, or lining the Channel Ten office with rock salt, or calling up our favourite Demon and his skills of persuasion lets think of this rationally. So like in the Pink song I would like to say 'Hey Mr Channel 10 guy come take a walk with me, lets pretend we are two people and your not trying to kill my favourite TV show.' (I am not that good with Lyrics)

Supernatural fans are always left wondering the fate of their show. Up until the week you announced that Channel Ten was going to air the Fifth season of Supernatural a lot of Supernatural Fans were wondering 'When am I going to be able to watch Supernatural on my TV.' Now Mr Channel 10 guy I don't think I should need to tell you just how obsessed Supernatural fans are, but in this day and age of the Internet fans are not going to wait for ages until their favourite TV show can make their way back on the air. Even more so when last year we had a major gap in the middle of the Supernatural season for the Biggest Loser. This means that they are going to get their Supernatural fix by any means necessary. Channel 10 has ignored the Supernatural fan base when in reality it shouldn't, after all fans are willing to spend the big bucks to go to a convention and we did break Twitter and scared PDiddy.

Problem - Low ratings.

Solution A- Stop mucking about your main demographic. Sure have it a week later not half a year. Let your viewers know when you are postponing episodes and don't do it so last minute that even the TV guide has that Supernatural is still going to be on air.

Solution B- Don't have it on in its time slot. Put two cult following shows together. Like Glee and Supernatural. Oh Hell even have it on a Tuesday night after NCIS - We all know how much 10 likes to shove repeats of that show down our throats.

Solution C- Don't have lame adverts or promos for Supernatural. They often say nothing about the story and give the ignorant viewer the wrong perspective of the show. I will explain it if you don't understand. Supernatural is about Two brothers trying to save the world, its seriously not that hard to eff up.

Now, now Mr Channel 10 guy don't get you panties in a bunch because I gave you three easy solutions on how to keep your viewers happy. I know I have done your job for you but seriously I wont tell anyone, just bring back Supernatural. Until then I will not be watching Channel 10 in the Monday 8:30 time slot - even if that means I have to watch Desperate Housewives.

'But Mr Channel 10 guy you would never take a walk with me...'

3 comments:

  1. crevice is spelled crevasse
    colt is spelled cult

    other than that, I cannot find fault with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought 'crevasse called your ass' rhymed really well and I liked the idea of a frosty, icy crack, ROFL. Ooh, that even sounded rude!
    Anyway, sentiments echoed here even though I live on a different continent. Will spread the dissent. Whoops, I meant word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said!!! Supernatural x Glee kick ass!

    ReplyDelete