Thursday, January 21, 2010

A little bit of Awesome a little bit of Rant

Just watched episode 11 of season five of Supernatural... Does anyone else feel like Pudding? Hehe

Ok There will be no review for this episode until I watch it again, but I cant post a blog the day Supernatural comes back without making a reference to the newest episode.

Then if I am not writing a review, why on earth would I be posting a blog on the holiest of days?

Because of this piece of news that had just happened to stumble across my twitter. Something that I had called a while ago, so I can mark that down as a win along side with Knowing Mary was a hunter and that Snape loved Lilly Potter.

Supernatural Season Six.

Joy to the world! The article which can be read here says that 'Industry sources in Vancouver provided CinemaSpy with the tip, indicating that while the official announcement has not yet been made, behind-the-scenes it’s all but a done-deal. Today we’ve been informed that Supernatural, too, has been confirmed with another season, in this case its sixth.'

Sweet people! Now this is going to sound weird but I want it to be the last season, I am saying this only because I want to end on a high note. That being said it really depends on the story line they give us. If its just a stretch out of the Lucifer story then 6 seasons is AOk with me.

However there is a point in the article that kinda pissed me off.

'This might also explain the preponderance of stand-alone episodes already aired this year—many viewers have wondered why the writers have wasted time on these sorts of stories instead of focusing more on end of days themes and the climactic confrontation with Lucifer. '

And now we slip into the Rant portion of tonight.

Ok this kind of pisses me off when it comes to fans and in this case some writer talking about the Supernatural writers and their "Filler monster of the week episodes".

As anyone in their right mind knows that TV shows have Mythos episodes, Character episodes and Filler Episodes.

People go on and on about how season 5 has been full of fillers, and it has almost got me at the end of my rope. I personally don't believe there are actually a lot of 'Fillers' in the whole series of Supernatural. Once again this belief might just be held by me, but I digress.

Lets look at season 5 episodes and see if in reality they can be seen as fillers.

1) Sympathy for the Devil - If you think this is a filler then I will shoot you with rock salt. We met Lucifer, Lucifer's vessel. We saw the fracturing of the brothers relationship AND Dean being a Vessel.

2) Good God, Y'all - Yes because meeting the Horse Man of the freaking Apocalypse just screams filler. *Eye Roll*. This episode was totally character drive, the events that happened in this episode set up 'Free to be You and Me' and 'The End' and even to lesser degrees the rest of the season with the relationship between Sam and Dean. Which really the whole freaking Series is about.

3) Free to Be You and Me - Hmm when you go up against a Teenage Mutant Ninja Angel and find out that Sam is a vessel of the Devil it is the definition of a non-filler. This episode advanced the plot, made us understand the character of Castiel ten fold.

4) The End - All I have to say is if you possible think this is a filler then you piss me of more so than people who write e-mails in Capslock.

5) Fallen Idols - This episode was never going to be received well by fans. Even if it was Citizen Kane of the small screen. It's fatal flaw? They had Paris Hilton on it. Now never mind the fact that this episode explained partly the reason of why Sam went of with Bitch Features. Never mind that this was a massive evolution of Dean and Sam's relationship, it had Paris Hilton in it so it was a filler. If you cant tell I am being sarcastic, sure this wasn't a mythos episode but a character episode, and as the show is based around two characters then these episodes are just as important as the mythos one.

6) I Believe the Children are our Future - The Anti-Christ. Something people like Gordon had been thinking Sam was for all these years was just a small boy who still believed in the tooth fairy. Once again if you think this episode is a filler than please hold still while go Nurse Ratchet on your ass. It was an introduction to a new character a new aspect to the story. We are now left with the question on which side will Jesse be on? Good or Evil?

7) The Curious Case Of Dean Winchester - This was a character episode. Sure it wasn't the usual Sam and Dean character episodes but it was really revolved around Bobby. BOBBY! The man who's like a father to the boys. So even if you think this is a filler, remember this, what affects Bobby effects the Winchester Brothers.

8) Changing Channels - Trickster is Gabriel? If that isn't enough for you, you cynics in the audience how about confirmation that one brother has to kill the other. Yeah thought so, Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

9) The Real Ghostbusters - Ok I will admit FILLER

10) Abandon all Hope - Not a filler not in the slightest and if there's anyone who believes it is then I will round house kick you in the head. Got it?

So I am sorry theres only like ONE filler episode out of Ten. 1/10 My my the writers really must be waisting time. Whoever wrote this is a Douchebag. The Supernatural writers are amazing, and their off episodes a twenty times better than most shows best.

But all my ranting aside, YAY SEASON 6! YAY SUPERNATURAL is back!

1 comment:

  1. Well said Kara!! Well said.

    Having season 6 confirmed is one thing, whether Kripke is confirmed as the show runner is another. I hope he does!

    ReplyDelete