Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It was always had to be you... Metalicar

So, by now everyone has read a bundle of reviews on ‘Swan Song’ so I think seeing I am so far behind (yes I know I am behind but in my defence I was sick) I think I will just do a simple Pros and Cons List of this episode then my over all thoughts and how I think it should have ended.

Lets start with the Cons…

Cons:

Dean Riding to Lucifer and Michael. – While that whole tape with ‘Kick it in the ass’ written on it was cool I thought it was edited weirdly. They had Dean playing Deaf Leopard, then he stopped and there was a cut where clearly the ad break comes and the music is gone and it just looks stilted. While I know that the main medium for Supernatural is on a commercial network, it just won’t translate to DVD and it just lost all impact. If however Dean had used the impala to run over Lucifer and then have some kind of cut away it would have been more of an impact.

Lucifer as Sam talking to the mirror – While I did enjoy the actual talking between the two of them, I didn’t however like the introduction to that scene. The script just seemed to be a little jarring. What he should have done is leave that whole ‘I am going to drop the gag and let’s talk’ line and just turn to the mirror and go ‘Oh Hey Sammy you wanna chat?’

Dean having a normal Apple Pie life with Lisa – I am sorry, I have said this once I have said this a thousand times this whole Lisa thing has just been thrown in and is out of place. My man Zach said in ‘It’s a Terrible Life’ Hunting is in Deans blood he goes back to it every time his in the dark. If you wanted him to be ‘normal’ then why not do something that isn’t so strange and out of character. (I will put my idea in later on in the blog.)

Pros:

The Impala – While I think they could have done more with this whole how special the impala is, I did enjoy the whole back story of the impala. I did however think ‘Holy Crap the angels were wrong, the IMPALA is Michaels sword.’

Flashback – That scene with the flash back without any corny music and was just – for lack of a better word – organic.

Sam regaining control of his body – Holy Hell that was awesome.

“Don’t worry Sammy I won’t leave you.”

Cas and Bobby – They died they came back. It was awesome.

Ideas:

I think if they wanted Dean to become Joe Picket-Fence there would be a more Dean way to do it. I know this will make me sound like a broken record, but Jesse should have come back. He could have somehow distracted Lucifer or whatever and Dean has to become daddy to the Anti Christ. Come on that would have been freaking sweet. Not to mention that Hammer of the Gods really should have been called Bodyguard and be that Jesse has come back and that they needed to protect him from Lucifer.

All in all this wasn’t the best season finale episode but it wasn’t the worst. It was a good solid episode and it has made me really wonder about how season six is going to turn out.

However side note the CW has announced the treatment (if that’s what it’s called) for season 6 and I am so right baby!

Keep watching this space because on this Thursday the lovely Tiny and I will be bringing something neither of us have ever done before. So frock up and be ready.

1 comment:

  1. I love the choice of word you use: organic?

    Jessie has to come back!!!

    ReplyDelete